Reflecting on 2019
As it is already halfway through the third month of 2020, I am still reflecting on what a great year 2019 was for my floral business. I am so blessed to be able to do what I love everyday. My passion of flower arranging, working in my flower studio from home while surrounded by my family, meeting new friends through flowers, creating wedding designs and helping brides to make their dream weddings a reality... I could go on and on.
Last year I was privileged to work with over 25 weddings and numerous other floral arrangements for special occasions. Traveling from Grand Rapids, Lansing, Midland, Bay City, Edmore, Clare, Flushing, Blanchard, Saginaw, Mackinaw Island, and even a wedding reception at my own home. I am so blessed that I am able to work with such wonderful customers, some are friends before, others become friends after the many hours we work together to plan their special events.
There are so many great memories from all my weddings in 2019, but a few of the highlights are:
* Planning weddings for the children of my childhood friends and for parents of my adult friends
* All the unique themes and personalizing the brides bouquet to fit her personality
* Weddings in barns, pine forests, re-purposed furniture factory, golf courses, gardens, farms, beautiful old churches
* Taking flowers across Lake Huron on a ferry then transporting them to the venue via my bike and horse drawn wagon
* Doing 2 weddings in one year for sisters (3rd sister already booked for 2021)
* Sending my flowers to Tennessee one weekend and adding to the order for the reception in MI the following weekend
* Planning, designing and being the Mother of the Bride for the most beautiful rainy day in 2019
I am looking forward to 2020 as it is almost completely booked and weddings for 2021 are starting to go on the calendar already.